Seed Fair Guidelines
Seed Fair Grant
The Seed Fair Grant of $300 per year is available to assist local associations with costs incurred in organizing a local seed and feed fair/show. The show should promote the growing of certified seed as a preferred farm management practice, support members’ commitment to pedigreed seed use, and the value of seed treatment and seed protection products.
- Available for up to 14 local associations per year on a first-come, first-served basis;
- You must complete an Application Form, prior to your event, to secure funding;
- Photos must be taken of the event and submitted with the Claim Form to the provincial OSCIA office;
- OSCIA and the Ontario Seed Growers’ Association (OSGA) must be recognized as sponsors in pre-event promotion. As well, the Certified Seed Tag logo must be used along with the OSCIA and OSGA logos;
- Signage at the event must be posted and is to read “To demonstrate samples were grown from Certified Seed”;
- The video “Certified Seed” is to be shown at each fair/show. See instructions for download;
- A description of the event, and the number of attendees must be included on the claim form. The completed form is submitted to the provincial OSCIA office by January 15 of the following year.
- Listing of grant expenditures (up to $300) including copies of invoices marked “paid” with full signature (or initials) OR copies of cancelled cheques OR a copy of bank statement(s) showing the cleared cheques;
All required material can be obtained by contacting the OSCIA provincial office: amber.vandepeer at ontariosoilcrop.org or 519-826-3152