Changes to GF2
The following changes have been made to the GF2 program, effective March 9th, 2017 (see Program Guide for full details):
- There is no limit to the number of active applications a farm business may have open at any given time.
- Producers may submit up to two applications per application intake to any of the project categories.
- Project category A.3 Land Application of Manure is now available across Ontario with a maximum available cost-share of $10,000 per project. The priority geographies previously in place have been removed for this category.
- The maximum available cost-share per project has been increased for the following project categories:
- A.0.2 – Environmental planning – $10,000
- A.5 Cover Crops – $10,000 for an eligible acreage of up to 200 acres
- A.11 – Actions for biodiversity/habitat enhancements – $25,000
- Under the Environment and Climate Change Adaptation focus area, there are four new project categories addressing greenhouse gas reduction:
- A.13 Reducing greenhouse gas emissions from indoor agriculture facilities
- A.14 Reducing greenhouse gas emissions through geothermal heating and cooling
- A.15 Reducing greenhouse gas emissions through on-farm energy efficiency and energy conservation measures
- A.16 Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and benefiting soil health and water quality, through equipment modifications
- A new tool to assist producers in calculating potential reductions in greenhouse gas emissions is available –GO-CALC – The Greenhouse Gas Ontario Covered Agriculture Calculator
- GO-CALC is available on the GF2 Resources page
- FAQs for Greenhouse Gas BMPs
2017 GF2 Brochure
2017 Program Guide for Producers
10 Simple Steps to GF2 Cost-share
Focus Area Project Information Forms
Focus Area Project Information Forms must be completed and submitted with your application
in order for your application to be considered complete.
Focus Area A: Environment and Climate Change
Focus Area B: Assurance Systems
Focus Area C:
Focus Area D:
Focus Area E:
Focus Area F:
GF2 Quick Reference Guides
Quick Reference Guide – Sign Up Now for Workshops.
Quick Reference Guide – Funding Levels and Evaluation Criteria.
Quick Reference Guide – Applying for Funding Assistance.
Get Started – Beef Producers – Find out what Growing Forward 2 can do for you.
Get Started – Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions – Find out what Growing forward 2 can do for you.
Get Started – Greenhouse Growers – Find out what Growing Forward 2 can do for you.
Get Started – Dairy Producers – Find out what Growing Forward 2 can do for you.