Am I eligible for FHIP?
To be eligible, applicants and the farm property where the proposed project will be completed must:
- Be located in the GLASI Eligible Area: Lake Erie and Lake St. Clair watersheds and/or the Lake Huron southeast shores watershed.
- Have completed a Farmland Health Check-Up, working with a participating Certified Crop Advisor
- Have a peer-reviewed 3rd edition Environmental Farm Plan (EFP) or a verified complete 4th edition EFP and Action Plan from within the last 5 years
- Have a valid Farm Business Registration Number or be able to provide an appropriate religious, cultural or gross farm income exemption
- Have a Premises Identification Number (PID).
Haven’t completed a Farmland Health Check-Up?
Find out more and get started here.
Don’t have a 3rd or 4th edition Environmental Farm Plan?
Sign up for a workshop online or contact GLASI directly for more information.
To view the interactive map of the eligible geography, click here.