Lake Simcoe Soil Health Improvement Project
Improving soil health in the Lake Simcoe watershed
There is no limit to the number of applications a farm business can submit!
Deadline has been extended to December 15, 2017
What is the Lake Simcoe Soil Health Improvement Project?
The Lake Simcoe Soil Health Improvement Project (LS-SHIP) supports efforts to improve soil health on agricultural lands within the Lake Simcoe watershed through the implementation of eligible BMPs.
Haven’t completed a Soil Health Check-Up? Get started now.
Implement cover crops anywhere on the farm property and receive 50% cost-share up to a cap of $20,000 per project!
For full program details, download
the Program Brochure.
Stay up to date with LS-SHIP
Sign up for periodic email alerts of
updates and program launches.
Am I eligible for LS-SHIP?
To be eligible, applicants and the farm property where the proposed project will be completed must:
- Be located in the Lake Simcoe watershed (click here for interactive map)
- Have completed a Soil Health Check-Up, working with a participating Certified Crop Advisor or Professional Agrologist
- Have a completed Environmental Farm Plan, dated on or after 2012
- Have a valid Farm Business Registration Number or can provide an appropriate religious, cultural or gross farm income exemption
- Have a Premises Identification Number (PID)
Haven’t completed a Soil Health Check-Up?