Lake Simcoe Soil Health Improvement Project
Addressing water quality by improving soil health in the Lake Simcoe watershed
Applications are now being accepted for this project.
Funding will be allocated to eligible BMP implementation projects in the order in which applications are received.
What is the Lake Simcoe Soil Health Improvement Project?
The Lake Simcoe Soil Health Improvement Project (LS-SHIP) offers financial support to implement select Best Management Practices (BMPs) identified during the Soil Health Check-Up. The funding levels depend on the priority of the Soil Health Challenges that are being addressed.
Haven’t completed a Soil Health Check-Up? Get started now.
For full program details, download
the Program Brochure.
Stay up to date with LS-SHIP
Sign up for periodic email alerts of
updates and program launches.
Am I eligible for LS-SHIP?
To be eligible, applicants and the farm property where the proposed project will be completed must:
- Be located in the Lake Simcoe watershed (click here for interactive map)
- Have completed a Soil Health Check-Up, working with a participating Certified Crop Advisor or Professional Agrologist
- Have a completed Environmental Farm Plan, dated on or after 2011. One of the following is required as proof of participation and must be included with the application package;
- A Letter of Verification
- Certificate of Completion
- Have a valid Farm Business Registration Number or can provide an appropriate religious, cultural or gross farm income exemption
- Have a Premises Identification Number (PID)
Haven’t completed a Soil Health Check-Up?