How to claim your approved cost-share

Claims for approved, completed SARFIP projects must be received by the OSCIA Guelph Office no later than Thursday, December 15, 2016.

Steps to claiming SARFIP cost-share

1 Complete your approved SARFIP project
2 Complete a SARFIP Claim Form for the costs you incurred for your project

  • Include copies of invoices/receipts for all items purchased
  • Include proof of payment for all items purchased
  • Complete the In-Kind Claim Declaration Form if you are claiming any in-kind labour or equipment use

3 Submit your complete SARFIP Claim Form and In-Kind Claim Declaration Form (if applicable) with invoices and proof payment to the OSCIA Guelph Office no later than December 15, 2016
4 Receive your cost-share cheque by mail and enjoy the feeling of having contributed to the conservation of SAR in Ontario!

Claims can be submitted by:


(519) 826-4603

Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association
1 Stone Road West
Guelph, ON N1G 4Y2


Acceptable Proof of Payment

The following are accepted methods for proof of payment:

Credit card statements

Printed statements originating from banking institutions

A dated invoice with the full signature of the vendor alongside his/her printed name and a notation that states “paid in full”

An invoice showing a ‘zero’ balance, indicating the subtotal has been paid

3Sample Credit Statement_SARFIP_2016_fillable

Click to enlarge.

2Bank Statement_SARFIP_2016_fillable

Click to enlarge.

6Sample Invoice_SARFIP_2016_signature_fillable

Click to enlarge.

5Sample Invoice_SARFIP_2016_zero balance_fillable

Click to enlarge.

A copy of both sides of the cleared cheque (the mini-cheque record of payment verification provided by many banking institutions is ideal)

4Sample Cheque_SARFIP_2016_fillable

Click to enlarge.

Ownership Structure

SARFIP cost-share can be claimed in one of 2 ways:

  1. If your farm business is an incorporated business, claim cost-share in the incorporated business name, using your CRA business number (RC number)
  2. If your farm business is not an incorporated business, claim cost-share in your name (as sole proprietor), using your CRA Social Insurance Number

Note: You cannot claim cost-share as a partnership, for example as “Jack and Jill Hill”. Instead, you need to choose one partner to receive the cost-share and AGR1 OR use the incorporated business name if the farm is incorporated (e.g. Hill Farms Inc.)

In-Kind Contributions

You do not need to submit proof of payment for in-kind contributions. To claim in-kind contributions, complete the In-Kind Claim Declaration Form.

BradCHave a SARFIP question?

Call Brad Carberry at
(226) 979-2465
Field Support for OSCIA

Brad grew up on a farm outside of Brampton and has been running his own cash crop operation (previously sheep) outside of Guelph for a number of years. He’d be happy to answer any questions you have about SARFIP.

You can also contact the OSCIA Provincial Office by email at



Layout Style

Header Style

Accent Color