Claiming Approved Partnership Cost-Share
Project Completion and Claim Submission Deadline:
February 15, 2020
Eligible Invoice and Project Start Date:
July 11, 2019
Steps to claiming Partnership cost-share
1. Complete your approved Partnership project
2. Complete and submit your Partnership claim no later than February 15, 2020, including all of the following required documentation:
- Completed Partnership Claim Form
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) Form
- Copies of all paid invoices*
- Proof of payment
- Completed Final Report Questionnaire
- In-Kind Claim Declaration Form (if claiming funding for in-kind labour or equipment use)
- Permits or supplementary information (category specific, see your approval letter)
- Minimum requirements must be met by all plans, audits and assessments.
3. Receive your cost-share by cheque or electronic funds transfer
Claims can be submitted by:
Attn: Canadian Agricultural Partnership
Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association
1 Stone Road West
Guelph, ON N1G 4Y2
*Eligible costs can only be incurred, invoiced, and paid for by the applicant after the date on which the Approval Letter is sent
Proof of Payment
Proof of payment must verify who paid, who received payment, the amount of payment, and the date of payment. Proof of payment may be any one of the following:
- Copy of front and back of cancelled cheque
- Electronic image of a processed cheque
- Statement from your banking institution indicating to whom the processed cheque was written, or electronic payment made, and for what amount
- Credit card or debit card receipt or statement clearly identifying the amount and to whom the payment was made. (Credit card or debit card numbers and other information, including costs that are unrelated the project, should be blacked out.)
You do not need to submit proof of payment for in-kind contributions. To claim in-kind contributions, complete the In-Kind Declaration Form and read through the In-Kind Contribution Policy.
An entity is considered Arm’s Length if they are not related, not affiliated persons, or otherwise controlled by another member or members. Refer to Section 251 of the Income Tax Act for the detailed statutory provision for determining Arm’s Length relationships. If you have any questions about whether a supplier meets this requirement, please contact: 1-800-265-9751.
If you are claiming through your registered business, please ensure that you include your Business Number – your Canada Revenue Agency Client Number (RC Number) – as well as the correct spelling of your business name. Please ensure that the correct number/name combination is used; this should reflect how you will claim the income on your taxes at the end of the year.
If you are claiming as a sole proprietor, you must provide the Social Insurance Number of the individual under which the taxes are filed.