Lake Erie Agriculture Demonstrating Sustainability
Claiming Approved LEADS Cost-Share
Please submit claim documents to
Project Completion and Claim Submission Deadline:
January 15, 2021
Eligible Invoice and Project Start Date:
The date on which the Approval Letter is issued.
Steps to claiming LEADS cost-share
1. Complete your approved LEADS project
2. Complete and submit your LEADS claim no later than January 15, 2021:
Include all of the following required documentation:
• Completed LEADS Claim Form
• Electronic Fund Transfer Form
• Copies of all paid invoices*
• Proof of payment (see details below)
• Completed Final Report questionnaire (sent by email to approved applicants)
• In-Kind Claim Declaration Form (if claiming funding for in-kind labour or equipment use)
3. Receive your cost-share by cheque or electronic funds transfer
*Eligible costs can only be incurred, invoiced, and paid for by the applicant
after the date on which the Approval Letter is sent.
Claims can be submitted by:
Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association
1 Stone Road West
Guelph, ON N1G 4Y2
Proof of Payment
Proof of payment must verify who paid, who received payment, the amount of payment, and the date of payment. Proof of payment may be any one of the following:
- Copy of front and back of cancelled cheque
- An electronic image of a processed cheque
- A statement from your banking institution indicating to whom the processed cheque was written, or electronic payment made, and for what amount
- A credit card or debit card receipt or statement clearly identifying the amount and to whom the payment was made. (Credit card or debit card numbers and other information, including costs that are unrelated the project, should be blacked out.)
You do not need to submit proof of payment for in-kind contributions. To claim in-kind contributions, complete the In-Kind Declaration Form and read through the In-Kind Contribution Policy.
An entity is considered Arm’s Length if they are not related, not affiliated persons, or otherwise controlled by another member or members. Refer to Section 251 of the Income Tax Act for the detailed statutory provision for determining Arm’s Length relationships. If you have any questions about whether a supplier meets this requirement, please contact: 1-800-265-9751.
If you are claiming through your registered business, please ensure that you include your Business Number – your Canada Revenue Agency Client Number (RC Number) – as well as the correct spelling of your business name. Please ensure that the correct number/name combination is used; this should reflect how you will claim the income on your taxes at the end of the year.
If you are claiming as a sole proprietor, you must provide the Social Insurance Number of the individual under which the taxes are filed.