Operation Pollinator is a Syngenta program focused on research and partnerships to promote the health and well-being of bees and other pollinators given their essential role in agriculture and nature.
Read about Syngenta’s commitment to Operation Pollinator here.
The Operation Pollinator 2019 program is now fully subscribed. In spring 2019, 37 additional acres of offset land will be seeded at over 20 different sites.
- Participants agree to convert 1 to 2 acres of land that they are willing to offset to a dedicated Operation Pollinator site. They receive financial assistance to support site preparation and maintenance as well as agronomic information and signage for the site
- The 2019 seed mix contains milkweed and about 15 other native seeds and will focus on providing monarch butterfly habitat
- Check back to the OSCIA website for updates and future opportunities that may arise with Operation Pollinator
- Click here to access the Decision Tool for Creating Pollinator Habitat on Farms for guidance on creating habitat on your property. This tool was developed to help farmers and others create and integrate pollinator habitat into farming systems.
- If you have any questions, please contact Samantha Lyon at email@example.com or 519-826-3055
What’s in the Operation Pollinator Seed Mix?
The seed provided in 2019 is a completely native seed mix sourced from St. Williams Nursery and Ecology Centre, with seed species selected in consultation with Pollinator Partnership Canada.
In 2018, OSCIA partnered with the Soil Conservation Council of Canada and Syngenta to deliver Operation Pollinator in Ontario. Over 60 acres of offset land were seeded across the province.
2018 Site Photos
Photos: Maria Ramirez Giraldo