Regional Communication Coordinator- Part-time
Are you an outgoing, ag related individual in the Kenora, Dryden, Rainy River or Thunder Bay area? Do you have a keen interest in writing and publishing articles, networking with local farmers and ag related businesses? Well the Northwestern Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association is actively looking to fill a part-time Regional Communication Coordinator position for the Northwestern Ontario Region.
Regional Communication Coordinator Primary Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the writing, formatting, printing and distribution of regional newsletter.
- Encourage inter-association networking
- Organize and assist with activities and events to strengthen the local and regional Soil and Crop Improvement Associations;
- Cooperate in regionally-significant educational events that are supported through the regional associations;
- Support the Regional Director’s lead role in ensuring that the regional association functions as a strong organization, ideally with equal representation from all local associations;
- Establish a mechanism to ensure clear communication flows regularly between the RCC, Regional President and the Regional Director;
- Assist in recruitment activities for new members;
- With direction from Regional Board, secure sponsorship funding from local agriculture industry partners to help support regional newsletters;
- Follow OSCIA branding guidelines to ensure consistency across the regions;
- Participate in training sessions;
- Prepare itemized and timely invoicing for expenses and remuneration;
- Encourage local and regional associations to support special projects coordinated by OSCIA (e.g. Soil Champion and Forage Masters);
- Work with local/regional secretaries to ensure all association media accounts (e.g. website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) stay current and up to date;
- Assist the Region with the preparation and submission of grant applications and related claim reports;
Please submit a current resume to Erik at firstname.lastname@example.org
OMAFRA hiring two Soil Fertility Specialists
OMAFRA is currently hiring two Soil Fertility Specialists, one in the Horticulture department and the other in the Field Crops department.